Internship, Dates and Fees - India
Includes: Spend 4 amazing months teaching English in India + Learn Hindi (2 hours weekly) + 120 Hour Online TEFL course + Orientation + Rs. 7,500 - 10,000 monthly living allowance + Accommodation & meals + Teach 5 classes daily (45 minutes per class) + All positions are with local + public and private schools + Arrive July 15th, Aug 15th, Sep 15th, Oct 15th or Nov 15th + 4 day orientation on arrival + Choose from Tamil Nadu. Punjab, Kerala, Chattisgarh or Haryana
- Flexible start dates anytime between June and October
- Four month placement
Option A – Teach in Punjab
- Punjab means the land of five rivers
- Check out the legendary Golden Temple, a sanctuary of spirituality with healing waters which attract travellers from all corners of India
- Visit Nek Chand Rock Garden complete with its amazing collection of 2000 rock sculptures crafted by a local transport officer!
- Watch the rural Olympics at Kila Raipur
- Interact with the locals who will invite you into their homes and host you like a long lost family member!
Interns who want the Punjab option will receive a free one-way onward flight from Trivandrum to Delhi and then coach or rail ticket from Delhi to Barnala.
Option B – Teach in Tamil Nadu
About Tamil Nadu
- Save on the washing up and eat a meal from a banana leaf
- Visit the Great Living Chola temples which date back to the 10th Century
- Watch a Rajanikanth movie and celebrate a local cult hero!
- Drink strong coffee in a Tamil style cup locally known as davarah
- Meet tribal villagers in the Nilgiris and learn about centuries old customs
Option C - Teach in Mumbai
- Sample the relentless energy of India's financial powerhouse
- Visit nearby Elephanta Island with its ancient cave temples dedicated to Shiva
- Take a tour of Fort and Colaba, Mumbai's most famous precincts, including the Gateway of India, Taj Mahal hotel and Crawford Market
- Explore Mumbai's myriad of tangled bazaars including the famous Lalbagh Spice Market
- Check out Sassoon Docks fish market, a hardy place where locals haul their catch each dawn!
Option D - Teach in Chattisgarh
- Soak up the outstanding natural beauty of India's most densely forested state
- Visit the Chitrakote Falls, India's broadest waterfall at 300m
- Wander among the atmospheric ruins of dozens of ancient Hindu temples dotted around local villages
Additional things to budget for!
- Flight plus your traveler´s insurance
- Visa costs: approximately £48 - $60 USD
- A visa administration fee
- Police check costs: approximately £45 for an ACRO in the UK. Other countries need to check locally.